There’s nothing like fresh fruit baked with a sweet crumbly topping. Mmmm. But there are days when you just don’t feel like rinsing and paring and chopping. You just want some yummy goodness. Here is a recipe that will get you some of that yummy goodness without too much effort.
Cheater’s Fruit Crisp
- 1 can (21 ounces) pie filling
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (use flour instead if you don’t like the crisp of oats)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (use white sugar if you want a lighter taste)
- 1 tsp spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, etc. or a mix of spices)
- 6 tbls. cold butter
- 9 inch pie plate
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pour the pie filling into the pie plate and spread it around.
Mix all the dry ingredients together and cut in the butter till it resembles coarse crumbs.
Spoon over the fruit and bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- If you want a thicker crust, just bump the dry ingredients from 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup and bump the butter to 8 tbls. (1/2 cup).
- Don’t be afraid to mix spices in the crust. I used cinnamon and nutmeg with the peaches.
- refrigerate any leftovers.
- I just throw this into the microwave to reheat!
- Feel free to serve with whipped cream or ice cream!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do! (She says while drinking hot tea and eating peach crisp.)