Saver wants recipes, so they’ll be going up fairly regularly for a while. This shrimp recipe is for those of us who can’t afford fresh shrimp and buy the frozen only when on sale!
- 1 pound/bag of frozen shrimp
- 3 tbls extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbls chopped fresh marjoram OR 2 tsp chopped thyme OR 2 tsp chopped rosemary OR whatever you want. Feel free to mix. The rosemary and thyme together is good. Reduce amounts by half if using dried herbs.
- 2 tsp lemon juice (yeah, we use the bottled stuff)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ( I don’t have a powdered equivalent ’cause I really don’t like the stuff)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
Take the shrimp out of the freezer the night before and put in the fridge to thaw. Yeah, you can nuke them in the microwave a little bit if you forget and they’re still frozen, but only a little bit or they’ll cook. It will take them longer to roast as well.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Make sure you drain any water off the shrimp. Put the shrimp in a mixing bowl and pour the olive oil over them and toss. Then add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat them evenly. Lay the shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet or in a 13 X 9 pan. Roast in the oven approx. 5 minutes. They cook faster on a baking sheet. If you buy the uncooked shrimp they need to be pink and the flesh no longer translucent. If you buy the cooked shrimp, they just need to be heated through. Don’t cook them too long!
If you buy the little shrimp you can just eat them by the spoonful or they are good tossed into sautéed pasta with some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on or you can add them to steamed veggies. If you buy the bigger shrimp, just add some fresh bread and salad for a meal. Enjoy!